Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas Time

So, I'm creating this blog, partly for school, but also because I really enjoy blogging and I haven't done it in quite some time. This entry is about Christmas! I love everything about Christmas. In this entry I will be discussing the decorating aspect of Christmas.

Most people I know decorate their house in some way around Christmas time. I believe they enjoy taking part in the festivities. Now, decorating can range from hanging a few lights to having every surface of your house displaying an ornament or decoration of some sort related to Christmas. I'm more likely to have every surface inside and outside of my house covered with lights, decorations, and Christmas ornaments. Decorating my house takes more than 1 full day. People may look at this as a waste of time, but I enjoy every minute of it. I don't care if it's freezing cold outside, and my fingers feel like they're about to fall off. I will hang as many lights as my dad will let me. Technically, the house is his. When I buy my own house, I'm determined to have a Christmas tree in my bedroom!! It's important to listen to Christmas music while decorating. This really helps encourage the Christmas mood!

I like to get a good head start on my decorating. This way, I'm able to enjoy the fruits of my labour for much longer than simply a few days right around Christmas day. Having the decorations up early helps spread out the length of the season. Once the house is ready for Christmas, the people inside the house generally become more excited and begin to anticipate the upcoming holidays. Christmas time brings so many fond memories back to mind about previous holidays. Each decoration holds a memory, and this is what makes decorating such an important part of Christmas.

I feel sorry for those who don't embrace the season, those who don't go all out in the decorations. I believe they're missing out on a great, fun-filled, entertaining experience. I don't doubt that their holidays will still be enjoyable, but I feel decorating can really enhance their Christmas celebrations!

That's all for now. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers