Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Time (Part 3)

One thing that is definitely a necessity of Christmas is the Christmas tree. When it comes to Christmas trees there is a wide selection from which to choose. Some people prefer the artificial trees, while others would rather a real tree. Some people enjoy cutting their own tree down, others would rather just buy it pre-cut. My opinion: I like having a tree that was searched out, cut down, and taken home. My childhood memories are filled with the trips to the tree farm, where we'd do just that. I love the smell of a real Christmas tree. The decorating aspect can be somewhat painful, due to the sharpness of the needles, but this can also vary depending on the type of tree chosen.

Now that I've described the type of tree I enjoy, I must clarify something. I like any and all trees. I guess you could say a "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree would satisfy my tree wants. I'm not against the artificial ones either. Last year, I was able to get my very first artificial tree. Of course I still got a real one, but I was able to decorate 2 trees. I think this way of doing it makes the most sense. Now, I have a smaller, artificial tree, which I can set up and decorate well in advance of Christmas day. I can also get a real tree, closer to the date, and pick it out and decorate it just as I did when I was a child. The other benefit of having 2 trees is that there is more than 1 room with a tree in it. Also, there is a place to put the wrapped presents that were done before the real tree was purchased.

I may have told you this before, but when I have my own house, I will definitely have a tree in my bedroom. I just think it makes the most sense. That way, when you're laying in bed at night, especially on Christmas Eve, you can be reminded of all the joys of Christmas. Decorating the tree is another important matter of discussion. The decorating can be done in a variety of different ways. Here are a few options:
All the ornaments can match.
All childhood ornaments can be used.
Colorful lights can be hung.
White lights can be used.
Flashing lights can be used.
And many more options, or a combination of some of the above options.

The most important thing to note when talking about the Christmas tree is to have one that you like, decorate it in a way that you will remember it, and always, always look at it. The memories from a simple tree will go along way into the future with you.

p.s. If you do choose a real tree, don't forget to water it regularly!!!!

Stay tuned for more Christmas discussion .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers